Mussoorie Dehradun Development Authority
|Mussoorie Dehradun Development authority (MDDA), established in 1984 is a local decision making agency and is capable of undertaking all sorts of activities for its well planned urban development. It has developed housing colonies with all infrastructure facilities-roads; water supply, electricity, drainage and parks. Mussoorie and Dehradun have always been known to be a source of inspiration for poets and also known as Mecca for tourists.
There has been an unprecedented growth in its population as well as physical expansion during the last few decades. It was declared as a Regulated area in 1963 by the State government under UP regulation of Building and Building Operation Act 1958 but the desired objectives could not be achieved as it performed only regulatory functions. Before MDDA came into existence in 1984, the city was confronted with innumerable problems of haphazard development.
The challenges are massive and branched out, as an integrated development process is required. Moreover, it has to be inexpensive, eco-friendly, recreational and aesthetically appealing.
- To check the haphazard development.
- To control degradation of natural environment.
- To maintain the glory of the city
- To build upon stupendous task handed over to the MDDA in the year 1984 under the provisions of U.P Urban planning and Development Act 1973.
MDDA Master Plan
In order to meet modern urban standards, following steps have to be undertaken:
- Master Plan has to be implemented.
- Land to implement the various schemes has to be acquired.
- Various plans and development schemes have to be enforced.
- Various measures for protection of natural environment in the development area have to be adopted.
- It has to coordinate with various agencies involved with urban development such as Municipal Corporation, Public Works Department etc.
Masterplan proposed by MDDA is the foundation structure of the capital according to which development in the city will take place. Its duration is 2005-2025. Some new linking roads have been proposed in the plan along with the broadening of older ones in order to manage the traffic in a better manner.
MDDA Schemes, Plans & Projects
These Plans, Projects, and Schemes have been classified as past, current and upcoming.
- Indirapuram Housing Project Phase-III
- Sahastradhara Housing Project
- Beautification of Rajpur Road
- Beautification of Mussoorie Mall Road
- Laxman Chowk Housing Project
- Rajpur Housing Project
- Dhakkpatti Housing Project
- Dalanwala Housing Project
- Mohini Road Housing Project
- Dharampur Housing Project.
- Indirapuram Phase I and II Housing Project
- Nehrupuram Housing Project
- Kedarpuram Housing Project
- Authority Market (Pradhikaran Bazar)
- Lohiyapuram Housing Project
- Rispanapuram Housing Project
- Gaura Devi Water Park
- Nehru Colony Mural and Fountain
Current Plans, Projects, and Schemes of MDDA include
- Proposed New Office – MDDA near ISBT Dehradun
- Transport Nagar Phase II
- Traffic Signal at Different Places
- Beautification of Rajpur Road in association with ONGC
- Chakrata Road Widening
- City Centre near ISBT Dehradun
- Housing Scheme Near ISBT
Upcoming Plans, Projects, and Schemes (MDDA)
Byelaws include conservation of natural resources in order to promote rainwater-harvesting, use of non- conventional energy sources and providing more open spaces for plantation.
Dehradun district Map shows the various cities and towns and also points out the state and the district boundary.
MDDA application forms can be collected from any of the counters that have been set up across the city. MDDA Applications Forms must be submitted along with the required registration amount in order to apply for a housing scheme that MDDA announces for the allotment of flats. One can also download the forms online from the MDDA website. www.mdda-online.com
- City Center At Majara
- Integrated Commercial Complex at Transport Nagar
- Parking Lot At Dispencery Road
- Vetrinary Hospital
- Mussoorie Housing Scheme
- Redevelopment of Bhatta Fall
- Doon Haat near Ghantaghar
- Commercial Complex and Office Space at Saharanpur Road
12, Pritam Road,
Dalanwala, Dehradun 248001
Phone No. : 0135 - 2673149
Fax : 0135 - 2672506
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Last Updated On: 2012/03/01